Monday, February 25, 2008

GOT NOTICED BY THE MEDIA AGAIN






Tech&U Channel of New Straits Times

RISE OF SILVER BLOGGERS

If you care to read New Straits Times today’s edition (Monday, 25 February 2008) under Tech&U channel, you would be able to see a front page illustration of a silver blogger. Tech&U (Monday edition) is featuring blogging activities by middle-aged and senior citizens.

Once again, the writer of the four blogs namely Reaping the Benefits, Fast Forward, Simply Kedayan and Unsung Heroes got noticed by the media and is being featured in today’s edition of Tech&U channel of NST newspaper.

The full edition of the Rise of Silver Bloggers will be published in this blog as soon as possible. For early sneak preview of the article, quoted below are the paragraphs mentioning the writer and his four blogs for your reading pleasure.

QUOTE – Freelance consultant Abdul Samat Kasah may only have some five months under his blogging belt, but he already has four blogs running. The 54-year old, who hails from Subang Jaya, cites time as his major constraint in blogging, and not technology since he is an electronic engineer by training.

“What drives me to blog is my passion about internet technology, my aim is to document my life story, my ethnic cultural heritage and of course, to share my working experience with others. Depending on time availability, I update my blogs daily, weekly, fortnightly or even monthly. You can see the transactions on my blogs.” He said.

The uniform resource locators (url) for Abdul Samat’s blogs are http://itsurday.blogspot.com/ which focuses on current affairs, cultural heritage, religion, etc; http://darahkedayan.blogspot.com/ which is essentially about his life story; http://wiratidakdisanjung.blogspot.com/ which focuses on his working experience; and http://simply-kedayan.weebly.com/ , which is on his ethnic group done up in the Kedayan dialect.

The Kedayan reside in Brunei, Labuan, Sabah and parts of Sarawak on the Island of Borneo.-UNQUOTE

A caption of Fast Forward front page is also depicted in the article featuring Rise of Silver Bloggers (page 4 of Tech&U channel).

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to Cik Rozana Sani and her Tech&U Team for their excellent research work in tracking down my uniform resource locators (urls) and featuring them in their esteemed newspaper. Thank you.

No comments: